Zoran is a Software engineer with 15 years of experience in the full life cycle of the software design process. He also has a PhD degree in Software engineering. He has extensive expertise in big data, analytics and educational technologies. In his spare time, he is constantly learning new technologies.
- What is the biggest misconception of a reactive architecture system?
I believe the biggest misconception of the reactive architecture system is that applying reactive programming techniques is enough to build reactive systems. Reactive programming can be used to support the construction of Reactive System, but building reactive architecture systems requires deep understanding of Reactive Principles and distributed systems at the architectural level.
- What are the advantages of using OSS (open source software)?
Proprietary software requires companies to bind to software manufacturers in the long term. Very often, it’s difficult or impossible to customize software to individual needs. Even when this is an option, usually it can be done only by certain vendors at very high costs.
On the other side, Open Source software is completely flexible for integration, adaptation and further development.
- What would you say is the number 1 business value gain from moving to a reactive architecture?
By moving to the reactive architecture companies would use less infrastructure and resources which would significantly reduce costs.
- What would you say are your top 5 benefits of an agile environment?
- High degree of collaboration between the client and project team provides more opportunities for the team to truly understand the client’s vision and leads to the higher degree of client’s satisfaction.
- By producing frequent builds and conduction testing and reviews during each iteration, software quality is improved by finding and fixing defects quickly and identifying expectation mismatches early.
- By delivering a subset of the product’s features during each iteration, there is an opportunity to constantly refine the product backlog, providing the opportunity to introduce changes within a few weeks.
- Chances of absolute project failure are eliminated.
- Since features are delivered incrementally product can be released sooner giving the ability to get earlier customer reaction and alter product accordingly.
- What is one thing you are most excited about in the tech industry for the near future?
Autonomous vehicles. By the end of this decade I’m expecting to see all kinds of commercially available fully autonomous vehicles – cars, taxis, trucks and even ships and airplanes.
- What do you like about working at YoppWorks?
YoppWorks is an amazing company to work for, especially if you love to constantly learn new things. The people are great, very supportive, friendly and energetic. Managers genuinely consider your interests and try their best to accommodate your needs.