Tudor is a full-stack developer that relishes in taking a craftsman approach to the art of software design. Having more than 6 years of experience in various domains ranging from IoT to finance, he is skilled in solving problems by dissecting them into their constituent parts for analysis. Tudor enjoys skiing and discussions on NASA’s timeline for Mars exploration.
- What is the biggest misconception of a reactive architecture system?
A reactive architecture does not fundamentally entail a microservices system. It’s indeed possible to leverage all the benefits of a reactive system (reliability, scalability, responsiveness) early on in a project’s life before needing to expand the complexity of the codebase.
- What are the advantages of using OSS (open source software)?
The main advantage is the ability to leverage the resources already invested in developing a trusted solution to a given problem—resulting in a qualitatively better product brought to market. The team is able to focus a greater proportion of their time on innovating and developing the core functionality that matters to the user.
- What would you say is the number 1 business value gain from moving to a reactive architecture?
Personally the biggest value add I would present is the speed and agility with which a project can be set up to function optimally. Setting yourself up with the right architecture from the start results in a system that’s flexible to be easily adapted as requirements change, whilst never compromising the user experience in the process—by design.
- What would you say are your top 5 benefits of an agile environment?
– Transparency, both within the team and for the stakeholders.
– Superior user experience.
– Predictable delivery timelines.
– Build, Measure, Learn. Repeat.
– Improved work/life balance.
- What is one thing you are most excited about in the tech industry for the near future?
Looking forward to the advent of AI-augmented development. An exciting future where we transition from merely using our tools, to enabling them to guide and enhance our decision-making.
- What do you like about working at YoppWorks?
Love our collaborative functional programming culture, and the deep expertise on tap. Never a dull moment.