Rodrigo is a passionate, hands-on professional with over 10 years’ experience in software development having JVM stack as main background. I’ve worked in several projects using different technologies like Java, Scala, NodeJs, Angular and Ruby on rails. He is currently working for Yoppworks building highly scalable applications using the Lightbend stack and Reactive architecture principles.
- What is the biggest misconception of a reactive architecture system?
In my opinion, some people think that just by architecting their system using microservices and/or using reactive libs are good enough to have a platform that is ractive, without taking a close look at all the principles of reactive architecture and how to achieve them.
- What are the advantages of using OSS (open source software)?
Having a, usually, broad community behind the software you are using where the members have different expertises and backgrounds. Also the fact that the software is potentially used by different clients brings all sorts of benefits, like being heavily tested or the exchange of experience/information between users.
- What would you say is the number 1 business value gain from moving to a reactive architecture?
Keeping the clients confident that they can use your system whenever they need it. A system that is reliable, responsive and fault tolerant keeps the users happy and confident therefore the company builds a good reputation and retains/expands its user base.
- What would you say are your top 5 benefits of an agile environment?
- No time wasted in meaningless meetings
- Focus on the tasks – get things done
- Balance between planning and execution
- Keeps the team accountable
- Quick responses in case something needs to be changed
- What is one thing you are most excited about in the tech industry for the near future?
5G and internet of things. I believe that it will open new possibilities for businesses and applications for everyday life.
- What do you like about working at Yoppworks?
Some of the points that make me like working at Yoppworks are : The culture, the amount of smart people, the fact that we work with leading edge tech and remote work. As an employee I can sense that the company cares about its staff and professional development which, for me , is a big advantage.