Jorge is a Senior Software Developer with more than 20 years of experience building and designing large and complex distributed systems using Java and Scala.
- What is the biggest misconception of a reactive architecture system?
That just using a reactive programming framework will provide a reactive architecture, communicating all microservices in a coupled synchronous architecture, being reactive is trying to design your system like a spreadsheet with references where any change will trigger changes to other cells, and those changes we call them messages.
- What are the advantages of using OSS (open source software)?
- Avoid the IT organization from getting blocked when a specific feature is not available on a specific vendor.
- An entire community is supporting your development not just one single vendor
- Less Costs, not only they are inexpensive but also they provide an easy way to kick-start any project.
- Easier to find talent with OSS experience.
- What would you say is the number 1 business value gain from moving to a reactive architecture?
Being 100% responsive, and fault tolerant, in contrast to other architecture reactive architecture is oriented to be resilient, and is meant to be designed towards possible errors that might occur.
- What would you say are your top 5 benefits of an agile environment?
- Oriented to bring real value to business
- Focus on users needs
- Clear expectations of deliveries
- Allows constant refactoring
- Promotes Quality
- What is one thing you are most excited about in the tech industry for the near future?
The tech industry recently is changing really fast and we have more complex and difficult challenges now that requires simple and more interesting solutions.
- What do you like about working at YoppWorks?
Everyday you learn something new, and the main reason for this is our amazing team that is in constant research of better ways to build solutions.