billie - a Leader in commercial Facilities Management sees significant cost-effectiveness gains, thanks to Google Cloud Platform
billie is a leading platform for workplace transformation. It provides an organization’s people with effective communication and productivity tools that drive key decisions on corporate real estate use. Professional Services organizations like Deloitte, and commercial real-estate firms such as Cresa meet their clients’ needs with billie.
The billie team had developed the backend using a legacy approach that had performance and scalability limitations. It needed to scale with customer demand, as well as be responsive to requests from the user app, thus ensuring a positive user experience. Third-party calendar integration capability and in-depth analytics were also crucial aspects. Thus, they turned to YoppWorks’ expertise in Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
YoppWorks successfully delivered the backend using the following, via Agile methodology with guidance to the billie technical teams:
- Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE) – for hosting the micro-services cluster;
- Google Compute Engine (GCE) – for hosting stateful services e.g. Cassandra;
- Cloud SQL (Postgres);
- Cloud Logging and Storage;
- Network Services;
- Identity Access Management (IAM).
billie is proving to be an extremely cost-effective solution for commercial office space planning. This is due to:
- Lower server costs associated with running on the Google Cloud Platform (GCP);
- Google Compute Engine (GCE) –Developer productivity has also improved dramatically within the billie team, leading to more frequent roll-out of business differentiating features.
- SaaS up time is also vastly improved, thanks to the GCP SLAs, as well as general systems monitoring and networking capabilities.