Major retailer of wellness products sees healthy results from new IT system
This major retailer’s e-commerce environment was built using a traditional architecture, was heavily customized, and used monolithic Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) systems. Despite lengthy and expensive system implementation, customization and tuning effort, the environment failed repeatedly under load in a variety of fashions, leading of course, to a degraded customer experience and sales impact.
The senior management team defined three key objectives:
- Improve customer experience on the eCommerce platform.
- Enable true elasticity of the environment to scale from idle to Black Friday sales volume.
- Implement new features more rapidly.
They engaged YoppWorks to explore these objectives by:
- Understanding Reactive Architecture.
- Reactive System Proof of Concept within their domain.
- Achieving elastic scale and higher feature delivery velocity.
- Knowing where to start!
Our Reactive Horizons process brings together best-of-breed technology and industry-leading techniques. We Plan, Build and can even Run our clients’ new systems. Working closely with the client, at every stage, we set the following goals:
Build Domain Driven Design for Commerce Systems
Implement Reactive Microservices for Bounded Context
Utilize Best of Breed Tools & Code Libraries
Mentor Client on Reactive Systems
Mentor client on Reactive Operations, K8s and Monitoring
Perform POC & POV Investigations
Enable Client to Roll on Their Own
Assess Technical Landscape
Deliver Reactive Architecture Course
(technical leads and 40+ staff)
Evaluate Reactive Maturity
Recommend Next Steps
Analyze Business With DDD
Define Architectural Roadmap
Form Multidisciplinary Teams
Automate Software Delivery Pipelines
- Mentor Modern Development Process
- Tools & Technologies
Develop Microservices Using DDD
Prepare DevOps For Production
Define & Instrument Business Metrics
Implement K8s Infrastructure
Secure & Harden Operations Environment
Management & Monitoring Procedures
Plan & Develop Readiness Responses
YoppWorks enabled this major eCommerce Company on a modern Reactive Architecture across the following areas:
- Mentorship & Enablement on a wide variety of technical topics and processes: Programming technologies, middleware technologies, data, continuous delivery, dev operations, and production operations.
- Successful Demonstration of Reactive Architecture & Systems Proof of Concept to stakeholders.
- Business Analysis & Implementation, including:
- 30 Bounded Context Definitions, High-level Architecture & Roadmap;
- Services developed including Notification, Account, and Commerce Gateway.