Passionate about Open Source Technologies? Reactive Systems? Functional Programming?
YoppWorks is for you!
OUR CURRENT OPENINGS:
Who we are?
Using gamification logic, GoSpaces has modernized the way your users locate space, submit workplace requests and suggestions and put your employee engagement and satisfaction at the forefront. GoSpaces helps employees manage everyday tasks – book meetings, find a workstation, submit a service ticket, and engage with their colleagues. GoSpaces will increase collaboration, productivity and make workdays easier. For more information, feel free to check us out at gospacesmobile.com.
Please note this position is located in Ottawa, Canada (or remote from Toronto).
Who you are?
• Strong sales and business background centered on software technologies combined with a deep understanding of key Corporate Real Estate industry solutions and competitive technologies.
• +2 years of relevant account management experience (preferably within SaaS based environment)
• Strong experience in direct Enterprise software sales, including selling SaaS solutions
• Experience building and growing strong customer and partner executive relationships to earn their trust
• Strong track record of collaborating with channel partners to assist in closing sales
• Strong history of meeting and surpassing sales targets whilst being recognized as a top performer
• Maintained and grown sales and revenue from existing and new clients and secure profit contribution by managing, establishing and accomplishing business objectives
What you’ll be doing?
• Develop new accounts by researching and identifying potential leads, soliciting new business, building new connections, and providing expertise advice
• Follow up with prospective leads and past customers to suggest new product offerings
• Help prepare and execute sales presentations to prospective clients
• Provide accurate monthly sales forecasts with details on pipeline/funnel development activities
• Work closely with internal teams – technical, product management, and customer success teams to ensure a close link between customer requirements and our ability to provide an amazing customer experience
Please note this position is being offered under the Federal Government’s Canada Summer Jobs Program and, as such, is open ONLY to applications between the ages of 15 and 30.
If this sounds like your next challenge in your growing career, click the apply button and tell us why you’d be an asset to our growing team.
Business Development Representative
YoppWorks is looking for a Business Development Representative. You will use your strong business development skills, curiosity for the customer’s potential needs, and overall positive personality to help push the business forward. Please note this position is located in Ottawa, ON.
Who are we?
YoppWorks is a proponent of Open Source technology and works with the existing Open Source community along with promoting its benefits to Enterprises. We focus on helping our clients via our established consulting practice and training seminars. In addition, we are consistently incubating new products to the market, which include GoSpaces and Robothive. For more information, check us out at yoppworks.com
What will your day look like?
- Identifying opportunities for the YoppWorks Sales Team
- Work with our existing channel partners to generate new leads
- Participate in company Sales Campaigns
- Manage the opportunities in the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool
- Qualify leads, as well as research into prospective companies
- Drive pipeline growth by scheduling leads with Account Executives
- Participate in weekly forecast meetings and provide account feedback
What you’ve (ideally) accomplished so far?
- 1-2 years of BDR experience
- Experience working with existing channel partnerships
- Experience with qualifying leads and booking appointments for Account Executives
- Experience with sales tools including Zoom, SalesLoft, and Marketo to outreach to customer prospects
- Proven record of achieving daily activity and quarterly quotas
Please note this position is being offered under the Federal Government’s Canada Summer Jobs Program and, as such, is open to applications between the ages of 15 and 30.
If this excites you and sounds like your next career challenge, click the apply button!
Senior Scala/Akka Developer
We are looking for Senior Scala Developers who also have Akka experience and are located in Canada. You are a highly skilled craftsperson with a proven record of accomplishment for producing high-quality work. You enjoy breaking down tough problems and working with a high-performing team to deliver valuable solutions to our clients. This position plays an instrumental role in building out scalable and robust systems in the Lightbend Reactive stack.
Location: Location can be Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto or remote within Canada.
The successful candidates will have:
- 3-5 years of production experience with Scala and Play Framework is required.
- 2-3 years of experience with Akka and/or Spark is required.
- Solid understanding of Java in the Enterprise, or working knowledge of Java fundamentals including programming languages, best practices, development, and operations awareness.
- An understanding of the diverse Java and Scala ecosystem of software libraries and their tradeoffs.
- BSc Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related discipline or comparable experience/education preferred.
- Ability to work closely with architects, engineers, as well as product and business owners to evolve architectures and design technical solutions using the Lightbend stack.
- Ability to consult with clients in small to large organizations to integrate the Lightbend stack into their development environment.
- Release high-quality code early and often using lean and agile technical practices and processes.
- Work with a lean-agile team(s) to develop scalable and robust Scala-based systems and web applications.
- Take technical leadership of software development on a small team.
- Experience with distributed systems and solving availability, scalability and consistency problems in them.
- Skillful at interacting and working with people in a leadership role; working with a self-organized lean and agile team to mitigate key project technical risks, managing effort, and ensuring quality.
- Dedicated to producing quality code and dedicated to best practices such as automated testing, code reviews, pair programming, test driven development, continuous integration, and continuous deployment.
- Biased towards action on tough problems and issues.
- An agent of change who is constantly learning and seeking better outcomes.
- Passionate about enabling others to adopt new technologies.
- Knowledgeable about software development.
- Enjoys exploring new advancements and helping colleagues learn.
- Other duties as assigned.
Professional Skill Requirements
- Strong interest in functional programming (specifically Scala).
- Personable and enthusiastic.
- Ability to work as a team member in a creative, analytical, problem-solving environment.
- Flexible with the ability to travel as required.
You will be joining the YoppWorks product team helping to commercialize GoSpaces, our exciting new mobile application. GoSpaces encourages productive employee behaviors using gamification and translates employee decisions into financial, environmental, and wellness benefits. GoSpaces helps employees manage everyday tasks – book meetings, find a workstation, submit a service ticket, and engage with their colleagues. GoSpaces will increase collaboration, productivity and make workdays easier.
For more information please visit: https://www.gospacesmobile.com
Think you might be a good fit? Apply today!