Fast Track to Play with Scala
This course introduces experienced web-developers to the design-patterns and methodology essential to building reactive, scalable web applications with Play Framework and Scala. In practical coding exercises, you will learn how to build multiple Play applications which interact with one another via HTTP REST endpoints.
Game-changing reactive applications, built to scale! Experienced application developers learn the design patterns and methodology essential to build web applications with the Play Framework and Scala. This training session also includes an introduction to Slick!
- Developers with basic knowledge of Scala, as covered in “Fast Track to Scala”
- Experienced web developers seeking a high-velocity web framework for Scala
- Managers who want to understand how productivity can achieve new heights
- Developers gain knowledge and skills to build solid web applications with the Play Framework
- Certified Lightbend Trainers share best practices for developing web applications
- Production readiness – confidently deploy Scala and Play applications, today!
- Forms, Testing and Asset Management
- HTTP Programming and Ajax
- Asynchronous Programming in Play
- Interacting with Web Services
- Working with JSON
- Introduction to Slick
- Level: Intermediate – knowledge of and practical experience with Scala is assumed
- Length: Two days – 14 hours of classroom time, plus breaks
- Approach: Extensive hands-on coding – students develop a workshop case study and produce a fully functional application that is event-driven and resilient
- Requirements: Students must bring their own laptops with Java 6 or higher installed