YoppWorks is always on the lookout for some amazing talent!
If you’re passionate about open source, we’re the company for you!
OUR CURRENT OPENINGS:
Dev Ops Engineer
YoppWorks is looking for an Intermediate level Dev Ops Engineer to join a highly creative, analytical, problem-solving team. If you have dev op skills and exceptional operational expertise this job is for you! This is a great opportunity for a Dev Ops Engineer who is excited about creating an environment to support a rapidly growing application.
This position can be performed from any location within Canada. Preference will be given to applicants from Montreal, Ottawa or Saskatoon.
Must haves – basic requirements:
- BSc Degree in Computer Science, Software engineering or related discipline or comparable experience/education.
- At least two years of experience with Database management & tuning
- At least two years of programming/scripting experience
- At least two years of Configuration management tool experience
- Linux Operating systems experience
- Experience with containerization tools
- Experience with continuous integration management tools
It’s a Bonus if you Have:
- Experience using and administration DCOS, Postgres, Kafka, Keycloak, Prometheus, Granfana, Monit and Nexus.
Professional Skill Requirement:
- Personable and enthusiastic
- Ability to work as a team member in a creative, analytical and problem-solving environment.
- Ability to work well in a highly cooperative environment where all responsibilities are shared by the team.
Senior Scala/Akka Developer
We are looking for Senior Scala Developers who also have Akka experience and are located in Canada. You are a highly skilled craftsperson with a proven record of accomplishment for producing high-quality work. You enjoy breaking down tough problems and working with a high-performing team to deliver valuable solutions to our clients. This position plays an instrumental role in building out scalable and robust systems in the Lightbend Reactive stack.
Location: Location can be Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto or remote within Canada.
The successful candidates will have:
- 3-5 years of production experience with Scala and Play Framework is required.
- 2-3 years of experience with Akka and/or Spark is required.
- Solid understanding of Java in the Enterprise, or working knowledge of Java fundamentals including programming languages, best practices, development, and operations awareness.
- An understanding of the diverse Java and Scala ecosystem of software libraries and their tradeoffs.
- BSc Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related discipline or comparable experience/education preferred.
- Ability to work closely with architects, engineers, as well as product and business owners to evolve architectures and design technical solutions using the Lightbend stack.
- Ability to consult with clients in small to large organizations to integrate the Lightbend stack into their development environment.
- Release high-quality code early and often using lean and agile technical practices and processes.
- Work with a lean-agile team(s) to develop scalable and robust Scala-based systems and web applications.
- Take technical leadership of software development on a small team.
- Experience with distributed systems and solving availability, scalability and consistency problems in them.
- Skillful at interacting and working with people in a leadership role; working with a self-organized lean and agile team to mitigate key project technical risks, managing effort, and ensuring quality.
- Dedicated to producing quality code and dedicated to best practices such as automated testing, code reviews, pair programming, test driven development, continuous integration, and continuous deployment.
- Biased towards action on tough problems and issues.
- An agent of change who is constantly learning and seeking better outcomes.
- Passionate about enabling others to adopt new technologies.
- Knowledgeable about software development.
- Enjoys exploring new advancements and helping colleagues learn.
- Other duties as assigned.
Professional Skill Requirements
- Strong interest in functional programming (specifically Scala).
- Personable and enthusiastic.
- Ability to work as a team member in a creative, analytical, problem-solving environment.
- Flexible with the ability to travel as required.
You will be joining the YoppWorks product team helping to commercialize GoSpaces, our exciting new mobile application. GoSpaces encourages productive employee behaviors using gamification and translates employee decisions into financial, environmental, and wellness benefits. GoSpaces helps employees manage everyday tasks – book meetings, find a workstation, submit a service ticket, and engage with their colleagues. GoSpaces will increase collaboration, productivity and make workdays easier.
For more information please visit: https://www.gospacesmobile.com
Think you might be a good fit? Apply today!