Apache Spark for Scala – Professional
When it comes to data analytics, Apache Spark is an open-source powerhouse. Developed at UC-Berkeley’s AMPLab, and later given to the Apache Software Foundation, Spark is a powerful programming interface that can be leveraged to create a wide variety of analytical, graph processing, and other frameworks. When combined with the flexibility of the Scala programming language, Spark developers can build unique software solutions applicable in nearly every area of business today.
This two-day Apache Scala workshop is designed to teach developers how to implement data analytics using Apache Spark for Reactive applications. In this workshop, developers will use hands-on exercises to learn the principles of Spark programming and idioms for specific problems, such as event stream processing, SQL-based analysis on structured data in files, integration with Reactive frameworks like Akka, Hadoop and related tools, and advanced analytics such as machine learning and graph algorithms.
When you take the step toward learning Spark programming with Scala, you gain a professional skill that you can leverage throughout your career as a programmer. At YoppWorks, we strive to price our online courses fairly so that your investment in your career and skill set is one you can afford to make.
Our professional-level Apache Spark training can be valuable to a wide variety of developers working in a broad range of industry types. From those simply looking to expand their programming knowledge base to developers specifically seeking to create data analysis solutions for their company, all students with internet access can find something valuable in this convenient two-day, 14-hour online Scala course.
The following are a few examples of types of professionals who might be interested in taking the Apache Spark for Scala course:
- Developers with basic knowledge of Scala, as covered in “Fast Track to Scala”
- Developers with an interest in data science looking to put theory into high-scale practice
- Managers who want to understand how to field applications powered by fast data analytics
The benefits of learning to use Apache Spark with Scala are numerous, from the basic satisfaction of personal improvement to the ability to solve very specific problems with regard to business data.
Here are just a few possible advantages of taking our professional Apache Spark for Scala programming course:
- Developers gain knowledge and skills to build Spark-based offline and event-streaming applications.
- Certified Lightbend Trainers share best practices for developing Scala Spark applications.
- Knowledge is useful for production data (integrating Spark with Akka, Hadoop).
This Apache Spark certification course covers six major areas of knowledge:
- Introduction to Spark
- Writing Spark RDD Applications I
- Writing Spark RDD Applications II
- Spark SQL and DataFrames
- MLib, GraphX, and Others
- Spark Clusters (optional)
When you sign up for a YoppWorks Scala training course, you should make sure that the class in which you enroll appropriately suits your current skill level and professional goals. Before you go ahead and book a course with us, take a brief look at the following logistics to make sure you meet all necessary requirements and are able to commit to the class.
- Level: Intermediate – knowledge of and practical experience with Scala is assumed
- Length: Two days – 14 hours of classroom time, plus breaks
- Approach: Extensive hands-on coding – students develop a workshop case study and produce a fully functional application that is event-driven and resilient
- Requirements: Students must bring their own laptops with Java 6 or higher installed
At YoppWorks, we’re passionate about helping professional developers expand their knowledge base and create new and better software solutions throughout their careers. As such, we offer many other courses beyond this Apache Spark for Scala class. Whether you have an interest in learning something entirely new or taking your existing Scala developer skills to an advanced level, we’ve got a Scala training class to suit your interests.
If you’re interested in pursuing further Scala learning with us, consider these other great online classes:
- Scala Language – Professional (Formerly Fast Track to Scala)
- Scala Language – Expert (Formerly Advanced Scala)
- Akka for Scala – Professional (Formerly Fast Track to Akka with Scala)
Our team of dedicated technology and programming experts is excited about helping you learn new and valuable software development skills. If you’re interested in learning how you can use Apache Spark with Scala to create reactive, user-friendly software solutions for data analytics and more, book a course online or contact us at (888) 322-6002 for more information.
Book Your Training Session Now